Sunday, May 8, 2011

Vote on my next book!

This weekend, I stopped by a great used book store here in Nashville and picked up several economics books. Here they are in no particular order:

The Return of Depression Economics and the Crisis of 2008 - I realize I am a bit late getting to this one, but I need to give Krugman, the winner of the Nobel Prize, a chance.

Tweetonomics: Everything You Need to Know About Economics in 140 Characters or Less - The quality here is questionable, but this book caught my eye. If everything that I need to know about economics can be written in 140 character tweets, then why am I going to graduate school?

American Economic History - This book was published in the late 1950's by two University of Illinois professors. I thought this would be a good historical reference book, and I am intrigued to see how economics writing has progressed over the last half century.

The New Paradigm for Financial Markets: The Credit Crisis of 2008 and What It Means - written by George Soros, the investor who made a $10 billion bet in the early 90's that the British pound would fall in value... and he was right.

Over the next week, in the sidebar you can vote on which book I should read first. Next Sunday night, the poll will close, and I will have my next book to read. Thanks for making my decision easy. When I finish reading, I'll post a book review with my thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Zack, not sure if the poll has closed, but my vote is for American Economic History.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, the pole closed, but it's a tie at this point. With your vote, it's a three way tie. So much for making my decision easier.

    ReplyDelete