Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Is Randy Moss Rubbing Off on Vince Young?

Despite some of his questionable behavior on and off the field, Vince Young is the Titans' best QB. There is a very compelling story over at the Sports Economist that compares the performance of Vince Young and Kerry Collins. The primary conclusion: Vince Young is much more likely to win than Kerry Collins. In the two seasons (2006 and 2009) that they each started a share of the games, Kerry Collins went 0 for 9, while Vince Young went 16 and 7. Unfortunately for Vince and the Titans, Sunday's injury and temper tantrum could prevent them from making the playoffs. Vince Young's passer rating of 98.6 this season is the best of his career. The Titans have a relatively easy stretch of games coming up, and this was Vince Young's chance to prove himself as a premier quarterback. Now his future with the Titans is uncertain according to the media.

Given that I live in Nashville, I would like to see the Titans do well despite the fact that I don't consider myself a "Titans Fan." I have always perceived Jeff Fisher as a top notch guy. He is obviously not pleased with his quarterback's antics nor his apology via text message. However, I am watching this story very closely to see what Jeff Fisher decides to do. Although I think Vince Young has some serious growing up to do and acted like a prima donna on Sunday, I will find it ironic if the organization decides to get rid of Vince Young for his actions, as they just picked one of the leagues biggest drama queens in Randy Moss.

No comments:

Post a Comment